Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lilla, Content


Lilla is a Premarin rescue horse. Mares are used to produce the drug Premarin, and they are not always treated well. Lilla suffered abuse, but she now has a wonderful home, and is loved and cared for. I thought she just looked peaceful and content in the summer pasture.
Last week was a Paint Out for our local art association, and about a dozen farms and estates opened their properties for our artists to come and paint en plein air with a sale and reception at the end of the week. Lilla and her stable mate, Austin, a lovely paint gelding, both caught my eye at one of the farms. I didn't get a photo of the painting of Austin before the sale, but he was a very handsome boy and I enjoyed painting him as well.
I'm not doing the painting a day (obviously) but am busy in the studio with several projects.
This evening was an art auction fundraiser for a local early learning center, and I'm happy that the piece I donated was one of the highest bids of the evening - good to support a wonderful cause.
More paintings to post soon!

No comments: