Friday, November 4, 2011

... and a Penny



...and  Penny, 12x16 oil/linen


detail

Latest work to come off the easel.  The gallery here is looking for still life works, so I tried to incorporate some elements that translate a tiny bit more southwestern.  I have been working hard on brush work.  Though my lousy photo doesn't show it, there is actually alot of abstract marks here and there. especially in all that "debris." Viewed close up as in the detail, they don't look like much, but seen at a distance, hopefully translate to a realism.

That penny just showed up on the still life table after I had worked  on this for one session.  I don't know where it came from, but it seemed to just fit, so I added it in.   The garlic was raised on a friend's organic farm, and that pot was a housewarming gift to us when we moved here.  

I find I enjoy painting alot of scattered odds and ends on the table, much more than say, flowers in a vase.. Give me debris anytime!   

No comments: