Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Miniatures


Sharon Arts Gallery in Peterborough (NH) is having the annual miniature exhibit in a few weeks. This is always a fun show - with homage to that old saying that good things come in small packages! These are two of the little works (both 4x6) I'll be sending to the show. I decided not to do the very tiny miniatures that I have painted before (sizes like 2.5x3) Artists were asked to create a series of sorts, to enable grouping of artwork for display. So, I'll have several of these small still lifes, and also several landscapes. Yesterday's field sketch is one of them. I'm also working on a series of four views of our local mountain, Mt. Monadnock, in each of the four seasons. Those are a square format (always fun). Look for some of those photos to be posted in the next day or so.

No comments: