Monday, January 12, 2009

My lovely Russian Friend


These two wonderful paintings are from my friend, TatianaYanovskaya- Sink. I met Tatiana during a workshop with Jack Keledjian. She has studied with Jack, himself a colleague of Richard Schmid, for a couple of years, and I can certainly see the influence in the expert brushwork and rich color. The paint texture in the still life is just luscious.
My photos do not do these paintings justice, and I've got a small shadow and bit of the frame showing on the still life - blame the photographer, not the artist! I am especially fond of the dancers. You can see more of Tatiana's paintings at http://www.tatianafinearts.com/bio.htm. She has won many awards, and exhibited her work in some prestigious venues. I enjoy her work immensely, and she is a lovely person that I am happy to call a friend.
I encourage you to take a look, as you will not be disappointed. You can also see some of Tatiana's work at the Monadock Arts Auction, on display beginning Feb. 3-7 at the Jaffrey Civic Center, with the live auction event taking place Feb. 8 at Cobb's Auction House, in Peterborough, NH. Visit their website for full details and ticket info. Monadnock Arts Auction

No comments: