Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mar. 11, 2008


Today's painting is a very small miniature. I forget now, but it's something like 2 by 5 inches. I really like doing these little ones.. it forces me to skip unnecessary details, and go for the main idea. This old pottery jar and a lemon are lit from above, a lighting situation that is dramatic, but simple at the same time.
This same pot, and basically the same composition, is also about to appear as a full size painting. The larger work has apples instead of the one lemon, but otherwise the same. It's sort of fun to do a mini and a large work together. There will be several combos like that in the exhibit.
Today was a banner day. I am finally past my deadline (mostly self imposed) for an upcoming exhibit. I've got most of the work ready to go, with a few things that need just some final details. And, for the first time in several weeks, I was able to get out for a run. A back injury has kept me grounded, and with spring approaching, I've not been a happy camper about that. It is a beautiful sunny day, and life seems good! This might also be partially due to the fact that, for the first time in about a month, I got a whole 8 hours of sleep. Enjoy!

No comments: