Thursday, February 14, 2008

Feb. 14, 2008


Happy Valentine's Day!
I just realized I haven't posted here for a couple of days. That's because I have been painting non stop for a couple of upcoming shows.
Today's painting is a newborn foal in the morning sunlight. I titled this one "All Hope and Promise"- whether from champion bloodlines, or someone's favorite little mare, new life always brings that hope and the potential for wonderful things.
When I was a kid, all I would draw was horses. So, ever since I started seriously painting a few years ago (after a 30 -something year hiatus), my mom has been bugging me to "paint a horse". Well, mom, I hope you're happy now. :-)
This one is tagged for an art auction that benefits a local working dairy farm and outdoor educational center. It's called Stonewall Farm
They do a marvelous job in the community - teaching kids, growing organic produce, hosting events - everything from a sap-gathering contest with teams of draft horses to classes on how to spin raw wool into yarn. So, I'm happy to donate a portion of the sale of this painting towards such a great local resource.

No comments: