Monday, March 10, 2008

Mar. 10, 2008

The Freemont Land.
Spring fever has definitely struck. I can't seem to paint another winter view. Today's work is the view from some public land near here, called the Freemont Land. There are open meadows (I'm standing in the meadow in this view), two beaver ponds (that's one of them barely visible) and a few miles of forested trail. There is incredible bird activity here. The meadow gets mowed at the end of the summer, after the milkweed pods have cast their seeds. The hills in the background are part of the Wapack range - the left most slope is leading to the summit of North Pack Monadnock. This farm is at the edge of the Freemont Land. In the photo I worked from, my dog, Tucker was standing in the foreground. I had to paint him out for composition's sake. I don't think he cared.

No comments: